As we head into this Holiday Season there are a few tips I would give you for your health. Most of them are geared to helping you eat healthier and keeping stress under control. These two things getting out of control lead to depressed immune systems and “Flu Season.”
- Keep hydrated. Sip water every 5 minutes all day long. This will help two things. It will help you feel better in general and it will keep you from being overly hungry and binge eating on foods that aren’t great for you.
- Have healthy snacks on hand. Nuts are great. Protein shakes, cut up veggies and dips (like Hummus), and berries are also going to be much healthier options than the other stuff that will be convenient.
- Start the day with lots of protein. This has been found to keep hunger cravings in check in children and adults.
- Plan your meals that won’t be as healthy. It is better to say “I am going to eat my foods at Thanksgiving and Christmas, but then go back to my diet” than say “I’m going to stick to my diet as best I can” and then fall off at the Holiday. In the latter you have failed and aren’t as likely to get back on the healthy horse.
- Do your stress relieving activities without fail. Meditate in the morning and as you go to sleep. Keep your house clean. Read from the best books. BREATH! You can also come in and laser. 😉